small sealed 10" recomendations

FunBoyThomper
10+ year member

Hey guys, I currently have a elemental design nine.1 collecting dust and need recomendations for a sealed 10" subwoofer. The amp puts out 1200watts at 1ohms at 12v, I have about 250 bucks to play with, the air space I have to play with is either a single chamber .62ft^3 or dual chamber with .62ft^3 each chamber. (Dont ask why I just cant do 1.24ft^3, its just the way these prefab boxes are made from zenclosure) im only getting it for the less hassle and more room in my trunk install.

I looking at these subs here

-two id10 v.3 for @ 280

-single fiq 10" (no options added yet) for @280

-was recommended but prolly wont bother are two alpine type r 10" for about the same price.

I had a single 12" fiq in a ported box running at 2 ohms off the same amp and loved it to death even though it was under powered at 900watts. But trying to do away with the big boxes for more trunk space

what would you guys recommend I go with?

Two nvx look to be out of my price range, two Dayton*Audio RSS265HO-44*10" look to be more in my budget.

whats the difference between the dayton ho and hf?

You might want to look at the Polk MM's as well. These are made for small sealed boxes as well. Here's a link from Sonic. Polk Audio MM1040 10" Mobile Monitor 700W Subwoofer I'm running one of the 15" in my trunk right now off 400 watts in a 1.9^3 sealed and it's becoming one of my more favorite subs. The output is crazy for a small sealed box and it digs low. The 350 rms rating is pretty low too I'd say. My 15" is rated for 425. I don't think I'd be afraid to throw 700-800 at it.

Ok sorry for bringing this post from the dead but the box builder notified me I can do 1.2 cubes of air space if I do a single sub set up. So any recommendations for a 10" or even 12"?

---------- Post added at 03:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:18 AM ----------

1.2 cubes before displacement

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.