Small Memphis install.

Participant count
  • Participant list

Project_dog
10+ year member

Learning and more Learnin
This is my first install. Not a lot of power, but its a start. I need to replace my old RCA's and deck. I'm trying to solve the popping noise when I can the change the radio stations and going from fm to cd to aux. it all pops. I regrounded my deck and still does it. Need some help one that.

She pounds. I still need to install my amp for my doors. But I'm waiting to build a custom box for the sub.

de24c93f.jpg

bfd58be8.jpg

f1ab2116.jpg

cf2f043a.jpg

8e0654e5.jpg

bc27e4f9.jpg

I bought a yellow top optima battery, I put a 4 guage wire from the Alt to the Battery and upgraded the wire from the fuse box to the battery. The ground wire to the battery is upgraded too. With just one amp my lights are dimming. The sub is wired at 1ohm. I'm afraid they are going to dim more when I add my second amp, my lights are really going to dim. Any thoughts on what I need to do.

I heard to get rid of the dimming head lights is to install HID lights?

Thanks

I'm assuming the sub is bridged? Is the amp rated down to 1 ohm when bridged?

HIDs will stop your headlights from dimming, but that's just a band aid for a bullet wound. If you're dimming, you need to add more electrical.

Adding a wire from the battery to the fuse box isn't going to do anything. You need to go directly from the battery to the alternator. You have to also do your chassis and engine block grounds.

Why the coax?

I'm assuming the sub is bridged? Is the amp rated down to 1 ohm when bridged?
HIDs will stop your headlights from dimming, but that's just a band aid for a bullet wound. If you're dimming, you need to add more electrical.

Adding a wire from the battery to the fuse box isn't going to do anything. You need to go directly from the battery to the alternator. You have to also do your chassis and engine block grounds.

Why the coax?
Coax?

I added a wire to the from the battery to the Alt. So I need to add more ground wire? Any where?

The sub is wired neg to neg posi to posi. Can you bridge a Mono block?

Coax?
I added a wire to the from the battery to the Alt. So I need to add more ground wire? Any where?

Now you need to ground from engine block to chassis. On mine I went from alt case to strut tower. And you're at 2 ohms from what I can see off your sig. Your sub is a D4, not D2.

Coax?

Coaxial speakers. Should have gone with a component set...

Battery positive to alt is correct. Now you have to do the battery negative to the chassis ground, and the battery negative to the engine block.

Sorry, I have no idea why, but I was under the impression that you used a four channel or something and bridged the sub on the rear inputs. No idea why //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

For the popping- Incase you have a ground loop you can try and run a ground wire from the headunit ground to the amp ground- Might solve the issue.

Well i moved the ground on the H/U to a better ground and it help. But I still told my wife to I need a new deck So I'm looking into a kenwood Nav.

I went with Coax, at the time I couldnt spend that much money. They sounded better than my stock speakers.

When I get home sometime next weekend. I'll play be adding more ground wires.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.