Small, light & inexpensive amps for front & rear speakers?

CZ Eddie
10+ year member

I'm looking for suggestions on two small, light & inexpensive amps that will fit under my front seats.

I need a four-channel with at least about 40 clean watts per channel with high pass crossover and also an amp that can be bridged to about 150+ watts at 4 ohms.

Both need to fit under my 4runners front seats. Any suggestions? I'm going to be listing my Earthquake amps because they are just too big.

Used is cool.... I'm an avid ebay'er. Old school is cool. Thanks for any suggestions!

I'm not looking for old school specifically. I'm looking for "small & light". I'll take measurements of what I can do tomorrow. But what I already have is 2 3/4" tall by 9" x 11" on average. And it needs to be smaller and hopefully lighter. But still have clean power.

Looking at some of those Memphis amps on ebay, but so far they are similar in size. But I still appreciate any and all suggestions!!!!

I seem to remember ADS amps, like those in Richie Inferras yellow CRX Si being pretty small? What is the model #?

I just measured. There is almost NOTHING available under the passenger seat.

The driver seat has 14" x 7" x 3" available space.

So I guess I'm looking for a 5 or 6 channel amp with this size limit. Any suggestions!? Or is there an amp guide somewhere on the Internet that lists amp sizes & specs?

edit. some of these new Class D amps are looking to be a solution for me. Run cooler and smaller.

The JL Audio XD600/5 is what I've found so far. The JL is a bit more expensive than I'd like though.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think you'll find a 5/6 channel amp that small besides the Alpine PDX which is probably a lot more than you want to spend.

ADS amps were pretty small. I saw a 6 channel ADS on eBay recently for 150ish IIRC you'll have to ask the guy what the size is if it's still out there.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.