Small ID build today

Grab some of those foam baffles from parts-express.
i made some out of some overkill. Im getting crafty //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Im also going to use some luxury liner pro soon to seal off the cavity on the bottom part of my dash so the sound cant go up in there and be trapped. Its scared of the dard

trying? bish your tuning it. Your my auto tune //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
lol...Nice. This log has changed so many times and has gone on for so long I don't even remember what your plans are for this build...lol. Focals have always just sounded ok to me although I haven't heard any of the newer stuff. Are you doing 6 1/2's, 4's, and tweets or sticking to a 2way frontstage? Might as well get it over with and go all out on it now before wasting more time and money changing things around.

yeah I either want to do a 6 1/2" or 8" midbass 3 or 4" midrange and some tweeters. I really really really want hybrid however not sure I have the install skills to accomplish a good install with them. In all honestly the only issues I have ever had with ID were my fault so i'll probably end up sticking with id however, it never hurts to think of other options. Plus im set deckwise for pretty much ever now, and ampwise im more than thrilled. Maybe add another if i run 3 way front stage though.

I tend to get bored with stuff even if i like it though so stuff gets swapped out. I suppose its just part of the hobby?

A lot really has changed in the log lol. I have gone through I think 4-5 decks in the past year? only thing that is original from day one I think would be the mids, tweeters, and sub. I still need to get the other idmax in there too haha

I really liked the Hybrid L4's I had. Hybrids sound great and seem to take a lot of power very well. If you can fit 8's in the doors definitely do it. I had to cut the the metal in my doors to fit 8's but I'm very glad I did it. After hearing cars with 3 and 4in. mids in the a-pillars that's the route I've decided to go with too, if I don't like them there I'll still have the 5 1/4's in the kick panels to work with. Just play with the H701 and when you feel comfortable enough in your tuning, upgrade to the 3way frontstage!

So my birthday is on friday and I think Im going to order new shocks, struts, springs, basically the works.

I have $100 ebay voucher so I plan to order most off ebay

Do you guys think 1 3/4" drop would be too drastic? I dont want it to be too noticable, just enough to get rid of the wheel gap i have.

Im thinking these for springs

TEIN H.TECH LOWERING SPRINGS CHEVROLET CAVALIER 95-04: eBay Motors (item 260622842570 end time Jul-20-10 09:52:59 PDT)

and these for shocks/struts

KYB GR2 STRUTS SHOCKS 95 - 05 CHEVY CAVALIER FULL SET: eBay Motors (item 360276093856 end time Jul-06-10 14:12:38 PDT)

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.