Small footprint 4ch amps

Participant count
  • Participant list

ultimate157
5,000+ posts

Engineering Student
I'm looking to power a set of HAT Imagines up front passive & an AE-IBAU 12" with a single amplifier. Really want the smallest amp possible so I can hide it out of the way.

These are what I've found so far:

WoofersEtc.com - XDI804 - Arc Audio 4-Channel 480 Watts Amplifier

WoofersEtc.com - ST-4D - Zapco 4-Channel 640W RMS Class D Full Range Amplifier

WoofersEtc.com - RM440.4 - MB Quart 4 Channel 440W RMS Mykro Series Amplifier

Looked at Massive Audio's small amp, but its still relatively long at 10" and quite pricey (More than the Zapco)

Are Zapco's made in the US? I'm hesitant to buy the MBQ because I'm unsure of the quality. I've seen the Arc recommended a lot, and who wouldn't want a Zapco.

Anyone have any other suggestions?

I asked the same question a year or so ago...

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/amplifiers/547280-need-small-footprint-3-channel-amp.html

... and ended up with the PPI 900.4. I'm very happy with the result. Good clean power to my Imagines and 400 watts bridged to a 4 ohm sub. There are smaller amps but the PPI is a price bargain. Here's a size comparison to the Boston Class A/B that it replaced - The BA is about 500 watts, the PPI is 900.

9567225457_91dc9e3a9b_z.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.