small box good #'s

I've had big boxes forever, seeing as I've always had big cars with plenty of spare trunk room. I had 2 CVRs sealed in 2.5 cubes a piece and they sounded great for what they were, nice and musical. My current setup, though, takes big box to a whole new level of overkill. A single 12 in 6.5 cubes.

forgot the dimensions but this is an MT 18 with four 4" aeroports, something like 4 cubes iirc. two Orion 2500d's. three Kinetik 2400s. 152's at the dash and about a 156 at the kick. This was nearly a decade ago in my CRX.

7959990035_large.jpg

since the last two 2400's I bought started leaking when a charge was applied to them im gonna steer clear of kinetik
Were these 2400B series batteries? The pro series is a totally different battery. In my testing they did more than hold their own against other car power cells in the market for their size and they come with a 3 year warranty as well.

Larger box would let the woofer reach mechanical efficiency easier (in terms of reaching high xmax with relatively low power), but I would argue the SPL efficiency may or may not actually increase, depending on the frequency the vehicle 'likes' to play.

Case in point:

A small 60hz burp car is going to be more efficient (as far as SPL per watt) with a small box designed to play ~60hz versus a large musical box designed to play ~40hz on a given amount of power.

the bigger box makes it lil more efficient

Larger box would let the woofer reach mechanical efficiency easier (in terms of reaching high xmax with relatively low power), but I would argue the SPL efficiency may or may not actually increase, depending on the frequency the vehicle 'likes' to play.
Case in point:

A small 60hz burp car is going to be more efficient (as far as SPL per watt) with a small box designed to play ~60hz versus a large musical box designed to play ~40hz on a given amount of power.
this is how I get away with a 3 cube box

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.