Slot ported enclosure for 12" Tantric HDD

Participant count
  • Participant list
Their recommendation would get you a tuning of ~38Hz. In the vehicle it will sound lower so you should wind up ~34-5.
Bumping the internal volume up to 2.5 cubes with that port will get you down to 32Hz.
So a volume of 2.5 cubes after displacement is good? Because I'm confused as to whether I'm supposed to use the gross volume (before displacement) or should I be shooting for 2.5 cubes net?

Thanks for your help people of caraudio.com

So a volume of 2.5 cubes after displacement is good? Because I'm confused as to whether I'm supposed to use the gross volume (before displacement) or should I be shooting for 2.5 cubes net? Thanks for your help people of caraudio.com
Volume is calculated after driver, port and bracing displacements. In other words... net. That is the volume your tuning frequency is based on.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.