Slot ported enclosure for 12" Tantric HDD

Participant count
  • Participant list

Iloveweed1864
10+ year member

Would this be good for a Tantric HDD 12?

I want it to go nice and low with authority, but still be able to play quick drum beats like death metal.

I listen to rap and deathmetal if that helps with the freq response.

Vehicle is a 2001 Chevy Cavalier Z24 coupe

Amp is going to be a 2500-3000w (havent bought it yet)

but it will temporarly on a memphis 500w rms amp

Box Specs

15" H x 30" x 12"

Port 13.5" x 2"

Gross Volume 2.34ft

Net Volume 1.64

Port area per foot 16.49in^2

Port area 27.00In^2

Tuning is 35.47 ( torres is being a ***** to get a big port area and low tuning :/ )

Port length 30In

Bracing is 45's and threaded rod plus double baffle.

Picture is below.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yea I was told 33 by Tantric but with torres I cannot get it lower than something stupid like 44hz and thats with 50" of port. I dont know what Im doing wrong. Should I make the box bigger it self or how would I get a bigger port area and still be in the low 30's?

Larger cabinets will allow for shorter ports, but you don't want to go too large if you plan on running that amount of power. And to clarify, it isn't Torres Box Calculator that's causing the port to be so long... it's the laws of physics. ;-)

So should I use a bigger enclosure?

Because I was told by Tantric Sounds to use 2.25cubes with 33" of port area at 22" long and that would put me into the low 30's but in Torres I get 43.3hz. Is that to high or i'm I just tripping?

I would go 2.5 cubes and get to 15^2 port per cubic foot which means 37.5^2 overall now im not going to do all the math on it but there's some good guidelines. Just make sure you subtract everything uour at 2.5 or very close to it.

I would go 2.5 cubes and get to 15^2 port per cubic foot which means 37.5^2 overall now im not going to do all the math on it but there's some good guidelines. Just make sure you subtract everything uour at 2.5 or very close to it.
Ok thank you Dbeez, so after displacement of the bracing and woofer and port , etc it should be 2.5cubes? I'm going to play around with those numbers

So should I use a bigger enclosure?Because I was told by Tantric Sounds to use 2.25cubes with 33" of port area at 22" long and that would put me into the low 30's but in Torres I get 43.3hz. Is that to high or i'm I just tripping?
Their recommendation would get you a tuning of ~38Hz. In the vehicle it will sound lower so you should wind up ~34-5.

Bumping the internal volume up to 2.5 cubes with that port will get you down to 32Hz.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.