Slot or Square Ports

havoc06
10+ year member

The Juggernaut
VA
I posted this thread before but didnt really get an answer, so ill try again. I always figured that a slot and square port were the same thing, but on a recent post here i read that if you use walls of your enclosure to share also as walls of your port, then it is a slot, not square port, and you have to do some extra calculation to make sure its tuned correctly.....does anybody know this to be true or not, or can give me some info on it? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/banghead.gif.8606515f668c74f6de0281deb475b6fd.gif

I posted this thread before but didnt really get an answer, so ill try again. I always figured that a slot and square port were the same thing, but on a recent post here i read that if you use walls of your enclosure to share also as walls of your port, then it is a slot, not square port, and you have to do some extra calculation to make sure its tuned correctly.....does anybody know this to be true or not, or can give me some info on it? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/banghead.gif.8606515f668c74f6de0281deb475b6fd.gif
yes that is the dif. if you think about it a square port looks just like one as does a slot port only dif. being a square isn't the entire side of a box. you can use a wall of your box and not have it be a slot port though if you don't use the whole thing i think not sure though.

adam

yes that is the dif. if you think about it a square port looks just like one as does a slot port only dif. being a square isn't the entire side of a box. you can use a wall of your box and not have it be a slot port though if you don't use the whole thing i think not sure though.
adam
just a different shape....square and rectangular are no different than round...just clasified / refered to differently...they all acomplish the same objective.

hes talking about end correction.

when you have a port that uses a wall as one of its sides, one of the sides of the port has a 'free end', one has a 'flared end'. when the port doesnt use a wall as a side, both ends are flared.

Do a search for 'correction' and you'll find a link explaining the whole thing. Its called DIY subwoofers(something like that)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.