Sky High Car Audio

gckless
5,000+ posts

CarAudio.com Veteran
San Antonio
So, received a shipment from Jim today. Got Sky High's 1/0ga lugs, fuse blocks, 8ga and 4ga wire. 1/0ga ordered, but they are backordered a bit. Here are the fuse blocks I ordered as new:

DSC_5273_zps114f3c3e.jpg

Yes, that's solder and paste on the inside of the blocks.

Talked to Jim right away, and he said that Sky High is shipping out new ones directly to me today. I have to ship the old ones back. I am impressed with the CS, if not much else.

On to the wire. I bought this to compare, because everyone else has said how much better this is and that it was much bigger physically. Pic first. Black is Sky High Car Audio, Green is Knu Konceptz. Both OFC:

DSC_5272_zps066b236b.jpg

Stats:

Sky High Car Audio 4ga OFC

- Rated at 175A

- 2000 strands

- Core diameter: 7mm

- Jacket OD diameter: 12mm

Knu Konceptz Kolossus Kandy 4ga OFC

- Rated at 150A

- 2058 strands

- Core diameter: 8mm

- Jacket OD diameter: 10mm

Two things in favor of the Sky High: it is a deeper copper color, probably indicating a higher copper content (probably where the higher rating came from), and the jacket is thicker. But it is NOT thicker wire as everyone has said as you can see in the pic, and has less strands.

Don't get me wrong, it's good wire for sure, and according to the ratings can carry more current. I would still take this over many brands. But it is not the wire most people describe it as.

You mean Jon? Lol

He's a good guy, I bought **** from him last Friday at 6pm and he had the label printed and the box dropped off at 7pm... Texted me the whole time just shootin the shit talking about products and whatnot then updated me when it shipped.. Amazing CS

You mean Jon? Lol
He's a good guy, I bought **** from him last Friday at 6pm and he had the label printed and the box dropped off at 7pm... Texted me the whole time just shootin the shit talking about products and whatnot then updated me when it shipped.. Amazing CS
No I mean Jim. Jim is a dealer.

yeaa that would sketch me out a bit
I don't like it either. But I guess that's how it is most places, you have to send the broken piece back. Kinda ****** I have to pay for shipping and everything though.

I'll stick to my knu wiring
As will I from now on.

I like Sky High disappointed they bump there price up.
Besides CS, why do you like them so much? Not being condescending, I'm curious.

I don't like it either. But I guess that's how it is most places, you have to send the broken piece back. Kinda ****** I have to pay for shipping and everything though.

As will I from now on.

Besides CS, why do you like them so much? Not being condescending, I'm curious.
Check PM, rather not post here.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.