Sketchup Practice...give me your preferred net volume and tuning frequency

You charge fees for the designs?if so, give us a breakdown of them,and what have you built and designed with picks with customer reviews?
Nah, but if I have success and people like them, I suppose I could start...

lol I just got off work, i'll put some together here right meow
Meow that's what I'm talking about

Mine's for a wall I will have about 3500 off the jump and I'll double that in the future.

I'm looking to get a state record at the least. No less than a 160.

I need a way to test my cars res frequency as well..

i'll play 1.8cf ad 35hz box 29"w 14h 15d (recessed double baffle) 2"x 12.5" high port.. port should be about 26" long..
fffffff.jpg

Sketchup is really fun once you get it down. Having keyboard shortcuts makes it nice. I make every piece separately and make it a group. Then, I can pull each piece off separately. It's also nice because I can select all the volume on the inside of the box that the subwoofer sees (area minus port obviously) and sketchup will spit out a net volume for you.

One thing i'm not for certain though...when designing the box for port length, I measured from the middle of both port pieces all the way down. That's what the 13.25" and 11.75" measurements are...which is 25" combined. But, for the end correction, I read somewhere that you take half of the port width and take that from the length. Do you have to add that to the length or subtract it? I subtracted it in this example for the 26" requested length but I wasn't completely sure on that. Although i'm sure the difference wouldn't even be audible.

One thing i'm not for certain though...when designing the box for port length, I measured from the middle of both port pieces all the way down. That's what the 13.25" and 11.75" measurements are...which is 25" combined. But, for the end correction, I read somewhere that you take half of the port width and take that from the length. Do you have to add that to the length or subtract it? I subtracted it in this example for the 26" requested length but I wasn't completely sure on that. Although i'm sure the difference wouldn't even be audible.
Measure the woods length. The correction factor does the rest

Yea I get why your doing it. Just more play time on sketch up. Lol. I could spend hours on sketch up. I would design my boxes. Then get bored and start designing dream homes. You can spend days doing that. Furniture and all...

cool man., looks nice .. yeah u doing right measure down the middle of port,seen some (online) programs subtract whole port width from length, some subtract about 1/2, some don't subtract any (wins is usually shows longer port length) so i subtract 1" (i'm always doing 2-2.5" wide port though) from whatever it shows..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

slikrider20

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
slikrider20
Nebraska
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date