skar vvx 12 vs sa 12

They are not complelety different. The companies didn't come together and say, you make one sub with a higher Fs and the other have a lower. One company just happened to have a lower Fs. Both are meant for normal use. No matter the application.
Stop listening to, " Go with skar if you want more low end, and go with SA if you want to be louder ".

Those are just opinions.
Yes they are completely different, and Jacob helped with the sub but that's it, the companies didnt' come together.

The subs are not the same at all. Go ask jacbo himself and he will tell you the same thing.

They pretty much the same sub, you are more likely to see a sundown than a Skar, this is the main reason I went with Skar and I did not regret the decision, my Skar VVX15 slams and whenever i go to shows people want to see and hear my subs since they have not seen or heard a Skar sub before.
If you are buying a pair, If im not mistaken Skar is still selling the sub with free box.
Yeah, no they're not. Try not being a dipshit.

The subs are very different lol

The vvx is designed more for low end/sq where as the SA is more sheer out put and takes tons of abuse. I've used SA12's and loved them. I ran a direct swap from my diamond D6 12s. The SQ wasn't as good, but the SA's were audibly louder. I've seen a few vvx setups and all sounded good.

If you want loudness go to the SA if you're looking for more SQ get the vvx, not saying the SA's sound bad by any mean because they don't. I did a transaction with Kevin on caco and I got a lot more than I paid for and was quite happy. Not defending any prior dealing, just my personal experiences.

They are not complelety different. The companies didn't come together and say, you make one sub with a higher Fs and the other have a lower. One company just happened to have a lower Fs. Both are meant for normal use. No matter the application.
Stop listening to, " Go with skar if you want more low end, and go with SA if you want to be louder ".

Those are just opinions.
so what you are saying is the SA is more musical and the skar is mud?...I am just trying to wrap my head around one louder and one lower. You make it sound like the SA has a clean bass reproduction ability than the Skar. Personally I have no argument in this fight, as I have no desire for either...I am merely trying to decipher what you and others are is saying about the two subs and I am guessing the comparison of both is based on yall running both subs in the exact same box and configuration....otherwise this thread is pretty much pointless without subjective testing involving real time analyzing each sub in the same enclosure on the same amplifier and in the same friggin car....period.

so what you are saying is the SA is more musical and the skar is mud?...I am just trying to wrap my head around one louder and one lower. You make it sound like the SA has a clean bass reproduction ability than the Skar. Personally I have no argument in this fight, as I have no desire for either...I am merely trying to decipher what you and others are is saying about the two subs and I am guessing the comparison of both is based on yall running both subs in the exact same box and configuration....otherwise this thread is pretty much pointless without subjective testing involving real time analyzing each sub in the same enclosure on the same amplifier and in the same friggin car....period.
When did I say the sa was more musical? That's right, I didn't. I can make the sa sound good compared to the skar if I put it in a nice box and the skar in a prefab. Vice versa.

What I dont understand is why sundown people are so hot headed when somebody suggest Skar, so much hate from Sundown owners, which I don't see on Skar owners

What I dont understand is why sundown people are so hot headed when somebody suggest Skar, so much hate from Sundown owners, which I don't see on Skar owners
haters-gaga.gif

ROFL

Anyway, I love my VVX 10, takes more than rated very easily. I came from an Infinity Kappa Perfect 10.1D and the VVX doesn't quite have the same SQ, but once the volume and power go up it plays clean even full tilt. I have it in a 1.5cu ft box, tuned to 36hz with an aero port (put the inside flare back on and I believe it drops to 34-35hz) with 600 watts, and I borrowed a friends Sundown SAZ1500 to play with for a few weeks, and it loved it. Anyway, I like my VVX, even if it's a Skar. It's a great price/performance ratio. Good luck.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.