Skar vfx 12....sq??

So what do you all recommend? I don’t want to spend JL prices, but I would like a sq/spl oriented sub...I’m working with 1500w rms@1ohm. I was also looking at sundown, Massive audio, American bass, and Skar...but I’m unsure. I also want Something that’ll preform well in a sealed enclosure.

I’m looking for a 1,500w rms sub that will accurately, hit hard, in a 1.5 cf sealed enclosure.
I listen to metal, so I need it accurate, and musical.
Will a vfx 12 fit the bill?
It is advertised as a spl/sq sub.
Thanks
So what do you all recommend? I don’t want to spend JL prices, but I would like a sq/spl oriented sub...I’m working with 1500w rms@1ohm. I was also looking at sundown, Massive audio, American bass, and Skar...but I’m unsure. I also want Something that’ll preform well in a sealed enclosure.
Sealed?.. a ported can be as musical with the bonus of extra output. A well designed enclosure can blow sealed away and be just as accurate. If you want punchy , decent extension and accuracy I'd lean towards something with SQ qualities like a Gcon or Icon in a nice ported enclosure if you only have a 1500 watt amp.
Maybe @denim will weigh in... lots to choose from at Ssa

I’m kind of bummed, my zero gauge kit came in...it’s CCA! It was described as copper, so I thought I was getting a good deal....I was wrong.
This install has been cursed with setback, after setback. I’ll be glad when I get my **** together.

I guess I’m gonna roll with that CCA 0 gauge, I’m just gonna run it with my ofc 4 gauge. I’ll run them both from the battery, to my anl fuse holder fused@200amp, back to separate fuse holders, the 0 gauge will go to another anl block, by the amp fused@ 150amps, and the 4 gauge will go to my mini anl fused@ 40amps. Any suggestions welcome...but I’m going broke, so I gotta work in my means.

I guess I’m gonna roll with that CCA 0 gauge, I’m just gonna run it with my ofc 4 gauge. I’ll run them both from the battery, to my anl fuse holder fused@200amp, back to separate fuse holders, the 0 gauge will go to another anl block, by the amp fused@ 150amps, and the 4 gauge will go to my mini anl fused@ 40amps. Any suggestions welcome...but I’m going broke, so I gotta work in my means.
If you didn’t pay around $100 give or take a few doll hairs for it you should have expected it to be cca. If there was ofc kits that cheap there’d be fewer guys advocating welding cable

Where did you get the wiring kit from? Whats so hard about sending it back?
I bought it from Sonic electronics. It wouldn’t be hard sending it back, I just don’t have enough in the my budgeted amount to buy the ofc kit....I still have a sub to buy, and I only have $400 more to spend, before there’ll be issues.
I have 4 gauge ofc already ran, I just don’t think 15 foot of 4 gauge is gonna cut it.
I will be at approximately 1800w rms, with my jx400.4, and my ct1500d.
I don’t like the idea of running CCA, the description on sonic claimed it was “copper material” which I took a chance on, but should have known for the price. I’m sure even though it’s CCA, coupled with my OFC 4 gauge, it’ll be fine.

If you didn’t pay around $100 give or take a few doll hairs for it you should have expected it to be cca. If there was ofc kits that cheap there’d be fewer guys advocating welding cable
Your totally right, I just had to go with the budget that was set. Most of the kits tell you if they are CCA, this one said copper material, so I took a chance. But yeah, I should have known.

I will be at approximately 1800w rms, with my jx400.4, and my ct1500d.
I don’t like the idea of running CCA, the description on sonic claimed it was “copper material” which I took a chance on, but should have known for the price. I’m sure even though it’s CCA, coupled with my OFC 4 gauge, it’ll be fine.
Cca has it's problems... yes
That said, I have a 14ft run of 1/0 cab Cca from front to rear currently, dual runs from the secondary batteries to the sub amp, dual grounds at the sub amp (dual input amp) but am replacing it with copper soon. I used it as it's what I had laying around from a previous install and I really made sure of my terminations to avoid corrosion/issues. The only issue I'm having is with the alt charge wire, user error... Yep... My bad. I used a single 0ga Cca cheapo Soundquest run (3ft)... lol. I knocked the powder out of it at the last show I attended because it has been an issue. Now with a shiny new TM dual lug I am relpacing that fuckup with dual runs of welding cable.
For your power I'd say roll with it and replace it eventually man.

Cca has it's problems... yes
That said, I have a 14ft run of 1/0 cab Cca from front to rear currently, dual runs from the secondary batteries to the sub amp, dual grounds at the sub amp (dual input amp) but am replacing it with copper soon. I used it as it's what I had laying around from a previous install and I really made sure of my terminations to avoid corrosion/issues. The only issue I'm having is with the alt charge wire, user error... Yep... My bad. I used a single 0ga Cca cheapo Soundquest run (3ft)... lol. I knocked the powder out of it at the last show I attended because it has been an issue. Now with a shiny new TM dual lug I am relpacing that fuckup with dual runs of welding cable.
For your power I'd say roll with it and replace it eventually man.
Yep, that’s what I’m thinking I’ll do. It’s a better choice, then trying to convince the lady otherwise...besides, she has some money to spend now, I’ve spent my share, and I’m not cutting into that...I’d be sent to the dog-house to live!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...