Skar Audio any good?

Participant count
  • Participant list
Most of the GM sports vehicles came with an amplified HU and or amplifier.Are any of your stock speakers blown or have you pulled them yet to test them with a DMM? what are your goals for the system?Just loud bass? with minimum staging/mids and highs? Who will be doing the install?A shop may run towards your entire budget alone for an installation.You need to find out if you have a premium system or plain stock
It has a Blaupunkt sound system in it. Comes stock with two crappy subs in the panel behind the back seat. I definitely want louder bass, but I also better quality audio in general. I'm doing the install myself. I have installed a car stereo before including subs (it was on my old truck, I just bought some cheap Pioneer stuff, I had no idea what was good or not at the time), and I am no stranger to circuitry or wiring.

Pioneer DEH-X8800BHS $175

(2) PRV 6MB200 mids  $55 a pair

(2) Massive CT1A tweeters $40 a pair

Dual XRP84d 4 channel $72

CAB 2000.1 $240

(2) CAB-12" subwoofers $260 a pair

Money left over for wire, box materials, and sound deadener.
Are there any double DIN, preferably touch screen head units you would recommend instead of that one? Also I have never heard of CAB or PRV, how has your experience with their products been if you have any?

Are there any double DIN, preferably touch screen head units you would recommend instead of that one? Also I have never heard of CAB or PRV, how has your experience with their products been if you have any?
Not for $175 that has 3 way active crossovers.

PRV sells more mids, tweeters, and horns for car audio than any other company AFAIK.

CAB is Car Audio Bargain. Their amps and subwoofers are very nice budget products.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.