Siren on Remote Starter/Locks

Participant count
  • Participant list

Alex_8803
10+ year member

well i installed a valet remote starter and it also does the locks, however when i lock it up its hard to tell weather its locked or unlocked because all it does is flash the lights. is there any way that i could hook up a siren to either the (a) light flash output, or (b) the door lock + and - ?

heres whats wrong with (a) though, when i remote start my car my lights flash, which would mean crazy loud siren everytime i remote start my car.... dammit

(b) it only pulses once witha lock or unlock, which means only one honk either way, so i still dont know what position my locks are in.... dammit

anyone ever done this?

please let me know if you have any insight as this would make my RS system much nicer to have.

thanks,

Alex

What kind of system is it? Usually they'll flash the lights a different number of times for lock vs. unlock.

Anyway, you could connect just the lock output to your horn trigger. Then it will honk on lock, and not on unlock. Or, you could connect both lock and unlock output to the horn, and program it for a double-pulse unlock. Then it would honk once with lock, twice with unlock.

Valet 561R has no siren/horn output... can't hook one up either... unless you want to use a relay and hook it to your horn off of the lock output *green wire* it will lock and honk once... only problem is every time you lock it no matter what it will honk... on unlock it will not honk... just lock... word of advice, get a model that has a horn output...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.