Single Xfl on an AB ph4000?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Lowlacs
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I have a solox now on an AmericanBass Phantom4000(2Krms?) but just cannot give it the enclosure it needs considering im in a single cab super duty now. Ive ran this amp on a pair of the xfls but Id swear they were begging for more. So Im now considerin giving a single xfl dual2 3cubes and all of the ph amp. Im on a short budget, due to the season, so please no (other)amp suggestions as this is what I have and can afford.

So do u guys think the Phantom amp will supply clean enough signal to overpower the Xfl sub without issues? Also do u think the Xfl can take it? Id hate to launch or burn a coil. I have a Deka g31 going in 2ft from the amp along with an interstate Megatron under the hood so I dont think power supply will be a problem. Also will be using a dmm to set gain until I can find a DD1 or an Oscope. I suppose I could always gain down if need be but....

2k your reaching to the top but as long your not a idiot on the volume knob you'd be great.....
Well, My drinkin days are over so I dont have nearly as many idiot moments anymore. So gain Down abit and with some common sense this should be a decent combo.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.