Single sub wiring help

Participant count
  • Participant list

malibujason79
10+ year member

I'm looking to install a single re audio re series 8" sub with dual 4 ohm voice coils. My amp is a kicker zx650.4 with 2 channels going to my components and i was planning on using the other 2 bridged for a single sub. The amp is not 2 ohm stable when bridged, so how do i go about wiring this up?

I'm looking to install a single re audio re series 8" sub with dual 4 ohm voice coils. My amp is a kicker zx650.4 with 2 channels going to my components and i was planning on using the other 2 bridged for a single sub. The amp is not 2 ohm stable when bridged, so how do i go about wiring this up?
You can't. You have to run the sub in stereo. One coil per channel. You are only going to get 120W per coil. That is the max you can get from that amp.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.