Single Skar DDX 15 box advice wanted.

Participant count
  • Participant list

dumpnmopar

I just ordered a single Skar ddx 15 d2. I'm wanting to put it in a 5 cube ported box tuned to 32hz. Now my question is what would be ideal subwoofer vs port location. IE: Slot port facing cabin with sub on top, back or, front of box. This will be going in the trunk of a chryser 300 with the seat folded down a majority of the time.

I've been told port facing cabin with sub on top is great for 15's. But i currently have 2 type r tens in a ported box all facing cabin and it sounds best that way.

I just ordered a single Skar ddx 15 d2. I'm wanting to put it in a 5 cube ported box tuned to 32hz. Now my question is what would be ideal subwoofer vs port location. IE: Slot port facing cabin with sub on top, back or, front of box. This will be going in the trunk of a chryser 300 with the seat folded down a majority of the time.
I've been told port facing cabin with sub on top is great for 15's. But i currently have 2 type r tens in a ported box all facing cabin and it sounds best that way.
So many variables. What vehicle? Sub up is the most ideal in an suv not a trunk. Have you modeled this driver on winisd? How much port area do you have planned for this box? 5 net is quite large for most single 15s.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 06:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:02 AM ----------

My bad, just saw what vehicle. Sub and port forward only if you're going to seal it off from the trunk.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.