Single PA Mofo 15" Enclosure Design Help

Participant count
  • Participant list

AUTOEXOTICALLC

Can someone help a newbie out with a design, with dimensions for a single 15" PA Mofo. Id like a total of 4.5 cubes tuned to 32-35 hz ported. Sub up port back or sub back port back. Either way is fine, this is being built for my buddy I would really appreciate the help. Not lookimg for anyone to go out of their way and do a new design, but if you have something saved from a previous build that would be great. Even if its 3.5 cubes or more thats fine, please show me what you have! Thanks guys.

Space isnt an issue, its going in a 2005 Mercury Mountaineer, plays mostly southern Rap music, with a lot of lows but the main goal is looking for loudness and moving some air. He is right around 1200 watts rms at 1ohm. I will throw someone a few dollars for a design. Need it asap, thanks!

Space isnt an issue, its going in a 2005 Mercury Mountaineer, plays mostly southern Rap music, with a lot of lows but the main goal is looking for loudness and moving some air. He is right around 1200 watts rms at 1ohm. I will throw someone a few dollars for a design. Need it asap, thanks!
*OFFICIAL* Free Ported Box Plans (56k NO!!) - Dodge SRT Forum

Doesnt matter if it has cutouts for two circles or not, the box specs are still the same, if it says 4 cubic feet tuned to 32hz then it'll be that. You can decide on the sub orientation etc..

Thats basically the same question i have, how much louder would you say it will be building a box tuned to 32-35 hz at 4.3 cubes vs the ported pre fab i have now? +
lol well hopefully for both of our sake some of the box gods will chime in.

I used the link above and imma use the 2.5 cube design

if i have an old power hx2 12 and i went with the 2.5@ 32 hz specs off an sundown 1000z how loud you think id get used those specs vs the hx2 recommended specs
not sure about overall louder but it'll definitely hit deeper harder vs recommended box specs. Bigger box with lower tuning = more peak at lower frequency range. However if you are going from a prefab, it'll be a huge difference. Depending on the sub's t/s specs, it might actually play flatter too netting you way better SQ.

not sure about overall louder but it'll definitely hit deeper harder vs recommended box specs. Bigger box with lower tuning = more peak at lower frequency range. However if you are going from a prefab, it'll be a huge difference. Depending on the sub's t/s specs, it might actually play flatter too netting you way better SQ.
with box i have hx2 in now its built to the sealed specs

im going to use the ported specs for next box and after seeing your link ill just built a 12 off of those specs

It already accounts for around .10-.20 for sub displacement so the margin of error is very little, you'll be around the same size and tuning regardless of woofer, results dont differ much at all.
Just built 4.3 at 32hz now what should lpf and subsonic be set to, and what about HU settings?

Just built 4.3 at 32hz now what should lpf and subsonic be set to, and what about HU settings?
head unit sub level max, head unit low pass filter to 80hz. Bass EQ/boost or loudness off. Volume to 75% of max. Amp subsonic filter should be 75% of port tuning frequency so 32hz x 0.75 = 24. Amplifier low pass filter can be off/left wide open or around 100hz if you still hear voices coming from the sub.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.