dual XFLs help - willing to pay :-)

Participant count
  • Participant list

BaldJewels

Montana
Hello- I am trying to figure out how to design a box down to a cue; but I have a lot going on plus working 70 hours a week right now..

I'm really aiming to have a cut sheet by this Friday. So.. need to get this ball rolling.

if anyone is willing to help shoot me a private message

I'd like the enclosure to be up to the following:

14.75Height

30.75Width

OPENdepth up to 3x.xx or so..

tuning of 33hz.

4.0Cubes NET VOLUME

According to some other thread topics 0.13 seems to be displacement - so... 0.26..

as this will be my first enclosure- I'll let you decide upon bracing - double baffle flush mounts.

two American Bass XFL 1244s

please and thank you to anyone who wishes to pursue!

Hello- I am trying to figure out how to design a box down to a cue; but I have a lot going on plus working 70 hours a week right now..
I'm really aiming to have a cut sheet by this Friday. So.. need to get this ball rolling.

14.75Height

30.75Width

tuning of 33hz.

4.0Cubes NET VOLUME

According to some other thread topics 0.13 seems to be displacement - so... 0.26..

as this will be my first enclosure- I'll let you decide upon bracing - double baffle flush mounts.

id love to help you out but my mailbox is messed up...i have messenger on here still

14.75Height

30.75Width

tuning of 33hz.

4.0Cubes NET VOLUME

MfBtH.jpg

okay I'll send you $500 now and a 320amp alternator - vehicle of choice?

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/santa.gif.e1ec9cf2e0a0dd232ad35aa594a126d0.gif

loll

okay, I am slowly making ground..

[surely the wrong direction]

the port height being 13.. it's on inside so.. that's just bottom to top.. right?

is the width... the opening...?

the length being.. 27..

http://i62.tinypic.com/3358vfm.png

I guess I am still a bit confused about the numbers given..

can anyone color me a picture preferably in Crayola

I'll check this tomorrow.. It'll be dead I bet- I found a better HowTo guide to match sketchup straight to Torres so maybve I'll have better luck.

Thanks all..

oh and @Louisiana_CRX

WHAT ARE THOSE?!?!

not exactly 33hz, somewhere between 33-34 but its just to give you an idea.
DJJtK.jpg

Wow- thank you buddy! I appreciate it!

If I were to add double baffle for flush mount (aiming for a clean looking install.. Good with the production end not designing) effect my tuning? As it will add .75inch to the port length.

For whatever reason I was assuming the port was an L shape

DOH.

LOL! I am now looking at this whole wide awake... ITS EVEN COLORED IN CRAYOLA!

Lololol- f**king awesome buddy. You da man.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow- thank you buddy! I appreciate it!
If I were to add double baffle for flush mount (aiming for a clean looking install.. Good with the production end not designing) effect my tuning? As it will add .75inch to the port length.

For whatever reason I was assuming the port was an L shape

DOH.

LOL! I am now looking at this whole wide awake... ITS EVEN COLORED IN CRAYOLA!

Lololol- f**king awesome buddy. You da man.
oh yeah didnt include the extra baffle but its already calculated in there with the tuning and cubic airspace if you put the 2nd baffle inside the box( two of 13" x 11.25"). However if you make an exterior baffle(two of 14.5 x 12.75), it'll give you some airspace back and put you right at 33hz around 4.10 cubic feet net instead.

oh yeah didnt include the extra baffle but its already calculated in there with the tuning and cubic airspace if you put the 2nd baffle inside the box( two of 13" x 11.25"). However if you make an exterior baffle(two of 14.5 x 12.75), it'll give you some airspace back and put you right at 33hz around 4.10 cubic feet net instead.

Ok I'll include it in the interior.

Will double baffle provide enough stability to remove of majority of flex? Are any dowels needed? Using vfl4480.. does 2250 at @1.. So a smaller system.

Ok I'll include it in the interior.
Will double baffle provide enough stability to remove of majority of flex? Are any dowels needed? Using vfl4480.. does 2250 at @1.. So a smaller system.
I wouldnt expect too much out of that vfl but you wont need that much bracing, the double baffle along with center port should act as very good bracing already.

I wouldnt expect too much out of that vfl but you wont need that much bracing, the double baffle along with center port should act as very good bracing already.
Okay buddy'- thank you. I ordered a 240anp alternator for my Lincoln ls and I'll see where this whole purchase leaves me.. I'll pursue my build with the information you've provided.

I appreciate it it greatly. I'll send you a message with pictures if it's worth anything to you later (1month) when I get it all set up..

Maybe it's like watching your internet kids grow up and go to college..

I read a post somewhere on the net saying it takes roughly 73amps too produce 1,000 watts.. Seem right..?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.