Single-cab truck sub/box help.

Participant count
  • Participant list

Chauncy

Ok, I currently have a Rockford 1001 BD, 500 rms @ 4ohm, 1000 rms @ 2ohms. I also have a JL Pro-Wedge box with a 10w6 that has a blown, dry-rotted foam surround.

I'm open to suggestions on sub(s), size (10s? 12s? Single 12?) , and box. I listen to a large variety of music, but probably 50% country, 40% rock/metal, 10% hip-hop.

I'd really like to spend no more than $250, box included if I need a new one, but would be thrilled to spend less. I'm not opposed to 12(s) or dual 10s if I can find a cheap enough box to fit behind my seat.

However, if repairing the 10w6 is cheap and feasible, I'd like to go that route due to funds. No one likes spending money they don't have to, right? I was perfectly pleased with it in my Mustang, and figure that it should perform just as well in a single cab truck. I'm not going for any competition winning combos, I just want some decent bump back.

Also, in high school I had two Infinity Reference subs in a cheap box in my Dodge Ram and I loved them. I'd really be interested in a couple of them again but I'm not sure if I can find a box that'll fit the subs and my truck at the same time. I had problems with the mounting depth back in the day and had to use spacer rings that ended up leaking air.

Something like an old fashioned regular cab sub box on ebay for ~$50 sounds fine, but the mounting depths are so shallow. I'd like to not run into my issue that I had in 2004 with my Infinities.

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.