single 12" pink kerfed port box

Flastrongman
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Ft Myers FL
My boy Donnie is putting together a small system for his wife for xmas and she's been bugging him for a pink kerfed port box:

Img_121219121019.jpg

Img_121219121037.jpg

Img_121219133557.jpg

Img_121219134954.jpg

how well does that birch take a kerf? i just built a kerf box with that panel being mdf, i wasnt really sure how well birch would do with it.

looks really good by the way.
it's not too bad to work with for kerfing. mdf is much easier though

Looks awesome.. but is the top part of the port wider than the right side after the turn? Looks like it unless its the angle playing tricks. lol
thanks man, and it's even, I measured twice lol

it's not too bad to work with for kerfing. mdf is much easier though

thanks man, and it's even, I measured twice lol
ok, just figured it would ask, i had enough problems with getting the mdf to do what i wanted it to, although i may have to play around with doing it on some scrap at some point.

Looking good. If anyone's having trouble with curffing the birch face tip that I've found helpful is cut it like normal and get it wet. The water won't ruin the wood as long as you dot soak it for a long tune. I've even done it would out cutting in the curfs but putting a brick in the center while in water

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.