Single 12" / Amplifier $400 Budget

cas0586

WV
Looking for a good 12" subwoofer and amplifier for a $400 budget. Budget is just for sub and amp. Wiring is already in place, box will be built. I decided to go against swapping gear from one car to another so here I am.

Anything better out there than SQ HDS3.1 and Q1-1200.2 Amplifier? That total is about $380.

Thanks for any input!

What kind of vehicle and what kind of music or what are you looking to get out of it?
'03 Cadillac CTS. Rock/Rap mostly. A good amount of clean bass but not trying to rattle peoples windows.

Looking for a good 12" subwoofer and amplifier for a $400 budget. Budget is just for sub and amp. Wiring is already in place, box will be built. I decided to go against swapping gear from one car to another so here I am.
Anything better out there than SQ HDS3.1 and Q1-1200.2 Amplifier? That total is about $380.

Thanks for any input!
image dynamics idq 12.. leaves $200 for amp.. xfl is good though but known for being louder than it sounds like u want., especially with about 2100rms on that xtr which will **** tons of power at like 55% efficient

image dynamics idq 12.. leaves $200 for amp.. xfl is good though but known for being louder than it sounds like u want., especially with about 2100rms on that xtr which will **** tons of power at like 55% efficient
You have never owned anything in that statement. Once again this discussion is out of your league, back to the kiddie pool you go. This is adult swim time.

XFL is a good sub. If you want slightly better efficiency/SQ then the new revision of the american bass XR is nasty (very solid choice for a daily driver).

You can contact american bass via there website and they can tell you locations of local dealers. You should be able to get either the XFL/XR subwoofer with an American Bass VFL 100.1 amplifier from a local dealer for close to $400 total. There might even be an authorized dealer on this website that can hook you up as well.

You have never owned anything in that statement. Once again this discussion is out of your league, back to the kiddie pool you go. This is adult swim time.
yeah and if i recd what i have fu 750 u woulda talked crap about that.. it would be awesome on xtr 1500 but tooooo loouuuddd..

if you're interested in a pair of 10's i have a pair of brand new in box infinity kappa perfect 10.1s, they are single 4 ohm drivers.

pair it with a pioneer gm-d9601 at 2 ohm load and you'd have an extremely nice sounding setup with good output.

https://www.amazon.com/Pioneer-Gm-D9601-400-Watt-Class-Mono/dp/B00CLFM596

https://www.crutchfield.com/S-6FeJt1p0OHd/p_108PER101/Infinity-Kappa-Perfect-10-1.html

but if you're dead set on using a single 12, my vote would be dayton ultimax 12 with a pioneer gm-d9601 or gm-d8601.

Going in a trunk set up..Id go for an XFL 12 all day long or an HDS3 12. All the XFLs I have 10s and 12s have been nothing but straight up beast and very reliable for the money spent.Any sub in a trunk set up is going to give quite a bit of rattle to the vehicle unless you do some deadening.I have a 2.0 double baffle tuned to 32htz enclosure for a 12 ,that I utilize all the time with a DVC2 and or one my DVC4 and it serves very well.Id look at a decent 2krms amp or at the min of 1500 rms. Those subs eat every bit of either RMS power thrown on the daily.Great choice of a sub for trunk space.The HDS310s and 312s I have are the older version and do great as well. The newer 10 i picked up does fine, but doesnt dig deep like the older versions.The XFLs just get down and can sound very nice if you build the enclosure properly and 1k or more rms power

I would do an xfl 12 and an orion xtr 1500. Put the xfl in 2.25- 2.5cf tuned to 30-33hz.
Even in 3.0 @34-35 will get down pretty good for a trunk space. Nice recommendation

How about a Dayton HO 12 coupled with an Infinity kappa k600. The Dayton is a great sub and Crutchfield has that amp on sale for $150. Parts Express is selling that sub for $150, also. That's $300 for the sub and amp. Won't be as loud as your Soundqubed setup, but you said you don't rattle the neighbors' windows, anyhow. Just an option.

Going in a trunk set up..Id go for an XFL 12 all day long or an HDS3 12. All the XFLs I have 10s and 12s have been nothing but straight up beast and very reliable for the money spent.Any sub in a trunk set up is going to give quite a bit of rattle to the vehicle unless you do some deadening.I have a 2.0 double baffle tuned to 32htz enclosure for a 12 ,that I utilize all the time with a DVC2 and or one my DVC4 and it serves very well.Id look at a decent 2krms amp or at the min of 1500 rms. Those subs eat every bit of either RMS power thrown on the daily.Great choice of a sub for trunk space.The HDS310s and 312s I have are the older version and do great as well. The newer 10 i picked up does fine, but doesnt dig deep like the older versions.The XFLs just get down and can sound very nice if you build the enclosure properly and 1k or more rms power
I have tried Soundqubed back a few years ago. The HDS315. I freaking hated it. No matter what enclosure I put it in, it sounded like poop. Don't get me wrong, it got loud. just sounded like poop doing it. But I was coming from an American Bass XFL15 which sounded great in just about any enclosure you put it in. I just wanted something that took less power and was not happy.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.