Single 10" Alpine. Cubes?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Demi
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Hahira GA
Okay well i sold two of my three 10" type-Rs, and the third im gonna put in my girlfriends car for her. I had the two 10"s in boxes to alpines specs, but seeing as im only putting 400W (alpine Mono amp) on this one, i was wondering if there is a better design, or at least box size. Alpine recommends 1.3 cubes. She has lots of room for something bigger. Ive been told that these like 32hz pretty well. How many cubes?

this is the 05 type r right? my box is 2.25 @ 32 for my 12" and its ok but iam only doin 550rms and she wants sooo much more that i took it out and put my old jl back in untill i get some more power... just something to think about but since u have had type r's u probally know wat i em saying... since u only got 400rms i would go like 2.5... u are planing on making L ported box right?

yeah here is the 2.3 version

and here is the 2.5 version

I wanna save her as much trunk space as i can, so im going wider. Suppose it looks better to. What do you think?

Yeah i hear ya on the type-Rs i could not BELIVE what two would do on 350W. I cant imagine 600 or so. They sounded great but i could tell they wanted much more power.

either one will be straight man... iam sure u have already measured her trunk but just saying cuz my **** can only be 14.5" tall...

Ive got some box plans for my type-x from a guy on here, and it ended up being 2.5 cubes. He says it sounds awesome. Is that a good size for my 12? Ill be throwing 1080W to it off of my mdr-1005.

12" type-x box

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.