Simple box build. Sundown E15 off Kenwood 8105D

Participant count
  • Participant list

Weeznur32
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Seattle
I am VERY impressed with the sundown E15. This thing gets F'n loud for only taking 500w and with voltage its realistically probably more like 400.

This is a ported box designed by buck... 4 cubes tuned to 33hz

photo-1.jpg

photo2-1.jpg

photo1-1.jpg

I decided I didn't like the wood so I painted it with textured spray paint. Turns out its pretty much just normal rattle can paint. Going to either get flekstone or some carpet tomorrow.

photo3.jpg

Here are some videos...terrible sound quality //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

OVERALL: Very happy so far...

Will update with more pics of stuff soon....

worked on the box a little more. Didn't like the paint finish so I got some Fleck Stone and made a little amp rack thing.

photo-2.jpg

photo1-2.jpg

photo2-2.jpg

no bracing???
He's running it off like 400w, bracing isn't really needed lol. Honestly you can build a big setup before needing bracing. A lot of it comes down to your assembly of the box itself, how strong the joints are, etc. I didn't brace the box for my 18 and it didn't flex at all -- same with the 4th for my 12.

---------- Post added at 09:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:38 PM ----------

OP I like the look of that flekstone...gotta close up shot?

He's running it off like 400w, bracing isn't really needed lol. Honestly you can build a big setup before needing bracing. A lot of it comes down to your assembly of the box itself, how strong the joints are, etc. I didn't brace the box for my 18 and it didn't flex at all -- same with the 4th for my 12. 

---------- Post added at 09:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:38 PM ----------

OP I like the look of that flekstone...gotta close up shot?

Here is a close up:

IMG_0108.jpg

Here is what I got done today. I didn't like the amp just sitting next to the box exposed with wiring and everything. My brother puts his lacrosse gear in this car all the time and I need to make sure the amp doesn't get completely fucked. SO i decided to build a box to encase the amp. Here it goes...

photo-2.jpg

IMG_0102.jpg

IMG_0099.jpg

IMG_0098.jpg

IMG_0101.jpg

IMG_0104.jpg

IMG_0105.jpg

IMG_0106.jpg

IMG_0107.jpg

Looks nice. I like the amp "box" you made. What size is the PC fan? Also, I don't care for the speaker wire coming out of the port, I'd install a terminal or just drill a hole and seal it. But that's just me.

Looks nice. I like the amp "box" you made. What size is the PC fan? Also, I don't care for the speaker wire coming out of the port, I'd install a terminal or just drill a hole and seal it. But that's just me.

80mm fan. And yeah it is definitely bugging me now that the box isnt just bare mdf and the amp isnt just laying on the ground. Ill definitely drill a hole in it when I get around to it.

How is the airflow for the amp? If it's getting really hot then I'd recommend a 120mm fan.

I'm not a huge fan of bare mdf. I like the box to at least be painted. The fleckstone is a nice unique touch.

Pick up some 1/4" threaded rod from lowes/home depot, some washers, wing nuts, and some 8g ring terminals. Drill a 3/16" hole for the threaded rod, put the rod in the drill and then drill it through the box. Then put all the parts on, using the ring terminals on your speaker wire.

Are you happy with that box? I too have an e15 and I would like to build a box for it. I'm not very smart with math so if you wouldn't mind I would like to be very unoriginal and copy yours. (it will be my first build) I'm new too all this really

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.