Simple 3 way question

uhhhh Im pretty sure the 9833 is spec'd @ 1% thd or less... could someone back this up?
Regardless, why would drivin tweets from the internal amp cause distortion at normal listening levels (1hr commute, windows up)?? -- Arent tweets supposed to be pretty efficient and easy to drive??
Tweeters are very sensitive...You may get it to sound okay but there are ways around this that make it easier.

uhhhh Im pretty sure the 9833 is spec'd @ 1% thd or less... could someone back this up?
Regardless, why would drivin tweets from the internal amp cause distortion at normal listening levels (1hr commute, windows up)?? -- Arent tweets supposed to be pretty efficient and easy to drive??
There comes a point in almost every HU when higher distortion kicks in. It generally doesn't occur until about the 75-80% of max volume setting through the RCA's. Often lower on the volume dial when using the internal amps.

The 9833 is CEA-2006 rated for 26w rms per channel at

There comes a point in almost every HU when higher distortion kicks in. It generally doesn't occur until about the 75-80% of max volume setting through the RCA's. Often lower on the volume dial when using the internal amps.
The 9833 is CEA-2006 rated for 26w rms per channel at

Bottom line is that it will work, but I *may* run into the tweeter distorting at higher volumes right??

I really want to start using my HU's built in crossovers to tweak my system... first I have to deal with deadening my doors though!!

Thanks for the advices everyone!!

So I ended up ditching by original idea, it was a crappy one anyways (not to mention ghetto!!)... I scored a nice pair of Aura amps from a fellow member, (a 4 ch and a 2 ch)

I'm thinking about this:

1. Use the 4 ch to go active upfront

2. hook the dayton rs180s to 2 channels on the 4ch amp

3. hook the tweets to the other 2 channels on the 4ch amp

4. hook up the sub (oh btw, I ditched the whole subless idea, it wanst going to work anyways... bought an rsd10 from another member...) to the 2ch amp bridged...

5. ALL the ch on the amps are going to run full freq, and use the crossovers from my HU

How does that sound?? Any better??

Recommendations, criticisms, suggestions all welcome!

OMG!!!

I've spent quite a bit of time and $$$ into preparing my 2 way active frontstage and sub setup... and I think I finally got it!!!

Correct me if I am wrong, but I think it would work as so:

1. Fronts will be the outputs for the tweeters

2. Rears the output for the mids (rs180)

3. Sub = sub output

Right??

But then I also wanted to run rear fill.... any way that this is possible?!??? - I dont think I have any more outputs in my HU!

OMG!!!
I've spent quite a bit of time and $$$ into preparing my 2 way active frontstage and sub setup... and I think I finally got it!!!

Correct me if I am wrong, but I think it would work as so:

1. Fronts will be the outputs for the tweeters

2. Rears the output for the mids (rs180)

3. Sub = sub output

Right??

But then I also wanted to run rear fill.... any way that this is possible?!??? - I dont think I have any more outputs in my HU!
So I think I answered my own queestion again...

I cant run rear fill, but I could eventually run a 4 way active setup... yummmmm

I could make some kicks and such...

I'll just close this thread and start a different one for recommendations to run a 3 way active frontstage....

Tks!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.