Silver VS Copper

Nope makes no audible difference. Use what you like as long as it's the appropriate gauge. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

The "silver" wires you have are tinned copper. They're basically coated with a thin plating that makes them easier to solder and resists corrosion better than bare copper. No difference in performance.

See for yourself... scrape the strands carefully with a knife and you'll see copper underneath.

Originally posted by geonn ok then what about aluminum or copper one of them carry power better cuz i know you can get aluminum wire from electrcians
Actually you don't see aluminum used very often anymore, we've gone to essentially copper solely, as it passes more current, is more durable, and seems to be cheaper these days with the prices of aluminum climbing lately...

Copper would be the superior choice due to all of these factors... Silver is a better conductor, but highly expensive, and really a foolish thing to use in speaker cables due to the brittle nature of stranding...

Well In sound quality it dosent matter, Copper will corroud easier than silver, just keep your wires dry and copper will be as good as silver or even platnum. But copper is the better conductor.

Originally posted by kookysmonsta Well In sound quality it dosent matter, Copper will corroud easier than silver, just keep your wires dry and copper will be as good as silver or even platnum. But copper is the better conductor.
No.... silver is the better conductor.... copper is cheaper.. Silver corrodes, but silver oxide is still a conductor, so you actually don't have to worry about it too much...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.