silver star ultra headlights?

timaishu
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
San Diego
Does anyone here have experience when it comes to silver star ultras?

Im thinking about getting a pair. The bulbs I have right now are stock and dull as hell.

Do you like them? How long do they last till they burn out?

Its not the lenses. I clean and polish those everytime I wash the taurus.

What difference would upgrading the grounds and such do? Provide it with more power?

Heres a pic of the lenses. Im pretty sure its just my head lights that ****.

Anyone have any other thoughts?

untitled-2.jpg

Its not the lenses. I clean and polish those everytime I wash the taurus.
What difference would upgrading the grounds and such do? Provide it with more power?
yes its a common upgrade, you want to check voltage at the sockets and see what it is. Adding in relays will allow it to draw power through the relay directly from the battery, instead of through like 30ft of small gauge wiring and through a probably cheaply made headlight switch.

I work at advance auto parts and personally I'd go with the plain silverstars over the ultras.

I see the ultra's coming back alot more and alot sooner than the plain silverstars...

It may just be the dumbasses touching the bulbs when they put them in but i dunno

my ultras
DSCN1692.jpg

DSCN1690.jpg
Wow. That looks pretty good.

My headlights would only would only barely reach to about the halfway point in between the first and second reflector in your picture.

My moms subaru outback lights extend much further and brighter than mine with the high beams on.

uphill section of road, so it looks a bit shorter, but these are the brights

I actually get flashed all the time. People thinking I have my brights on.(and they are aimed very well as you can see in the pics)

DSCN1701.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.