Silver Flutes

Either or. The 5.25's have the ability to extend up to 4khz pretty well...I wouldn't run the 6.5's past 3khz though.
Why not? They sound just fine. Mine are crossed over at 40Hz-4.5k Hz both at 12dB/oct slopes. Love them. Helped bring the bass up front and made the snare drum come alive finally.

Why not? They sound just fine. Mine are crossed over at 40Hz-4.5k Hz both at 12dB/oct slopes. Love them. Helped bring the bass up front and made the snare drum come alive finally.
Beaming. Unless you have them on axis you're going to have beaming above 2.5khz with a 6.5" woofer, which will affect the stability of your image. If you don't care about that sort of thing, that's fine, but it matters to me. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

4.5khz is pretty high for a 6.5" to be playing in the car audio environment.

Then someone needs to inform Mr. Buwalda concerning this and his L6 mids.......

I'd rather take Scott's findings and results then any other persons. He recommends that one cross higher ~4k Hz range, yes it does also come down to the install at hand, but it's worth looking into his findings on the matter. And yes he might even state to have them On axis, I myself need to reread the article. Now, ..... Where'd it go????????

That's one of the reasons I run the Flutes AND I cross mine over that high with 0 SQ issues and I'm not on axis with my mids.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.