Custom component setup..

Participant count
  • Participant list

DBz Hertz
10+ year member

Hey guys, I'd like a new set of component speakers, but I'd really like to piece a woofer and tweeter together myself, instead of purchasing a set.

I am just trying to figure out what to use for a woofer. I've decided to use Image Dynamics X28 tweeters. I've been reading some reviews on Peerless' SLS 8" woofer, and was wondering if this would be a good match.

The tweeters frequencies range from 2000hz - 22000hz.

The woofers range from 35hz-2000hz

Does this mean I should have all frequencies from bass, midbass, midrange, highs covered?

I will be running everything with a JL XD700/5 and an IDQ10v3.

Thank you!

your not going to get a lot of bass from any set of mids, for that you need a sub, but you mid bass and up should be pretty well covered, the sls are pretty nice for not being very expensive,

also if you wanted to go with 6.5s instead of 8s i would try to find a pair of mpyre 65mm's with out a question some of the baddest 6.5s on the market, 13mm xmax and will handle all the power you would ever want to put to them.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.