Showing off a Rare component set:

I highly doubt that's possible. I just noticed you said you found them "reasonably priced". Granted, that term is relative, but I figured I'd ask what you wanted for them.

I'll sell them if your wallet is bigger than your brain //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
Considering the likely brain weights of some of the frequent posters here on our fair forum that requirement may still only net you about 12 cents or so //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

Considering the likely brain weights of some of the frequent posters here on our fair forum that requirement may still only net you about 12 cents or so //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif
I take severe umbrage to that.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Didn't see this post until recently. They do look good.

I've owned MA Silver i's and demoed the Gold some years ago. But ultimately I found that British speakers (MA, B&W, etc.) are not to my taste. For the most part, the Brits like their details in metal domes and Monitors gives it to you in spades. The trade off is narrow dispersion and are very directional. To my ears, I've found them to be ear piercing after 45mins of listening -- I ended up selling my Silvers and MA never impressed me again. MA Golds are high end but not ultra high end like B&W Nautilus, Revel Ultimas, Dali Euphonias, etc.

If you like silk tweeters and hate metal domes, I HIGHLY suggest you demo the MAs before purchase. While I love their cabinetry, their sound is an aquired taste.

These are for sale now. I'm going in different directions with my install and I want to stop hoarding audio equipment.

Never have been used, looking for $300 Shipped.

I'll make a Classified thread a little later.

*edit* I did some searching and saw that these have sold for less. But given their rarity I'm going to stick at my original price for the time being.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.