Show me the way!!

Participant count
  • Participant list

tweet02
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
miami, fl
I have done a search on here, but just cant seem to find what im looking for!! I have a setup of four 12 L7's in a sealed box, I have 2 Massive Audio P1500D's powering the L7's. My quest for info is this, I was driving, and this guy pulls along side of me, and he's doing his thing with his sytem, i dont have mine up at all. We ride for like 20 min along side each other, "rush hour traffic" What gets my attention is this guys bass is deep, with out having to be loud. I give the guy thumbs up about his sound, and he rolls his window down, and says "I know who you are, I have heard your truck befor too" So we pull off the road in the mall parking lot, and we trade thoughts on each others sytem. Now he has 4 12's, some BS 12's at that. He got them at the local flea market, and he had a Hollywood Labs 2000kw amp on all 4 12's. I did my homework on that amp, that amp only gose to 1ohm, with 4 dvc, he has to be running it at 4 ohms. If its at 4 ohms, then he is only getting 900w rms from that amp. He has the woofers in a ported box, "dose a ported box make that much of a difference for this guy to have taken some real "START UP " stuff, and get some "DEEP BASS" like that. I wont lie, I know i have way better quality than this guy, and my system was well planed out, and believe me, you can feel me and hear me befor you see me, but I want that type of "DEEP BASS" along with the volume I have in my truck. Any insight is welcome!! Dose a ported box get lower "LOWS" than a sealed box??

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.