Shorted tweeter?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Miragemobile
10+ year member

NY, ny
I've got a pair of ID CTX 6.5cs comps with an ARC Audio FD2200. I set the amp gain using some test tones to what I thought was the correct setting, but maybe not.

Recently, one tweeter stopped playing and it made me investigate the other tweeter which sounds more distorted than I recall during install.

1. Using a multi-meter, it looks like the silent tweeter is toast (no continuity)

2. "working" tweeter definitely has some distortion.

Q1: Can I get another pair of tweeters from ID? Or what would be a similar replacement?

Q2: Will a local audio shop set amp gains, as I have lost confidence in my own ability?

Q3: I had the HPF at the headunit OFF, and was only using the amp's crossover. Is this not the normal approach?

you can replace with the id tweets ,or find the xover points of the tweets and get some that match.a shop should be able to adjust the gains ,but most do it by ear ,so read the sticky on the forum here for setting gains ,hp on the amp should be fine if set properly

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.