Got a free set of Focal K2 165s

Participant count
  • Participant list

clickclickw00t
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I've been working at a Car Audio shop here in New Orleans (Deep South Audio) and I've been making some big sales and doing a lot of installs. The shop owners loves me and when I asked about the set of Focal 165kfs and crossovers (no tweeters) he had laying around in the shop, he told me to just take them.

This makes me really want to go active 3-way in the front. I have an old school Eclipse EA1412 coming in the mail that I bought on the forums to power my mids and highs, and I have an ALpine MRP-F240 which I will bridge for the Focal fronts at 100W x 2 @ 4ohms. I have a pair of Alpine Type R tweets I plan to use (because I have them and absolutely love their sound, the silk is amazing). For the mids I was thinking the American Bass SQ3.5, but I'm open to suggestions. I don't really like that they have a tweeter built in, I just want a nice 25-40W 3.5 that will go nicely with my focals and tweeters.

Also, I need suggestions for a decent crossover, probably used, which will run with this system.

rOVallN.jpg

Well I don't have any tweeters for it or mids so I guess I have to make do with what I have? They were free, so I want to put them to good use..
Since they don't match up with anything you are trying to do I'd sellem. Or build up around them. You can end up with a full K3

Since they don't match up with anything you are trying to do I'd sellem. Or build up around them. You can end up with a full K3
My first plan was to wait and see if I can find them and replace them at my leisure, but I doubt people sell Focal stuff separately for the most part.

i def wouldn't mix them with the r's but i guess use what you got till you can afford to swap them out, nice set of free speakers for sure. I'll buy them from you if you want to sell, (I know what you paid for them, LOL!)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

clickclickw00t

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
clickclickw00t
United States
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date