Sheet Metal Panels Inside Box?

Or what about putting Mirrors in the box instead? The only drawback I see about this is you would be able to see the neon tube in the mirror. The box is a sealed enclose, firing down with a plexi-glass front.

Comments/Suggestions appreciated...

you might be able to glue a mirror in...and maybe drill the sheet metal in with 1/2" screws...just short enough as to not go completely through the mdf. why would you put sheet metal in your box..?

Originally posted by fantomas you might be able to glue a mirror in...and maybe drill the sheet metal in with 1/2" screws...just short enough as to not go completely through the mdf. why would you put sheet metal in your box..?
maybe going for a nice metal look to the box?? IMO it would look better having a metal looking back to the box over a wood look. But i think a mirror would look better that way you can see the back of the subs.

I seen a really nice machine-brushed sheet metal/aluminum at Best Buy (they used on their display) and it just hit me that it may look cool inside the box and amp rack, especially with purple neon.

If I go with the mirror, I think plexi-mirror would work best... please keep the suggestions coming as I don't know what would look better.

Thanks

go to your local custom install shop and tell them you need some aluminum colored laminate. if they dont have it, they should be able to tell you where to get it. its like the stuff the make aluminum dash kits out of. it has a sticky side and you just stick it down.

Originally posted by SirSteve Not sure if this would be the look I am going for but it's a start. Thanks!

it sounds like what you described, its a stick on sheet of clear coated brushed aluminum.

I dont exactly understand what you are saying, but using steel wool on aluminum sheting will create swirl marks.

- steve

i used aluminum diamond plate inside mine....the shiny **** they use for tool boxes in trucks.....anyways, it looks good, but i would use mirored plexi (you can get tinted assortments) if i was to do it again.

Originally posted by ss3079 I dont exactly understand what you are saying, but using steel wool on aluminum sheting will create swirl marks.

- steve
It's actually called "machine brushed".

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.