ShankyMcPimp Ride - Scion Xb 2006 Newbie Needs Help

ShankyMcPimp
10+ year member

I hope I am posting this in the right forum. If not please redirect me.

I need help, I have a max of 1500.00 to develop a system and have installed in a 2006 Xb Scion Wagon and need some help.. We like hard rock and want pounding, accurate sound and musical base, loud. I want high-quality (not - competitive)brands. I also want to keep the interior stock if possible with the exception of the subwoofer however I do NOT want a massive subwoofer... but a sub that will fit in the trunk. I have images but they are too large to post from my iphone. goofy. I can try t re-size them and post hem.

I will get this professionally installed. by the way, do shops install equipment that I buy? odd question but ...

I have four4" speakers, two 6" speakers

Thanks for your reply. I mean it. I don't want to sacrifice too much room... I went to a high-end store but not sure of the equipment selection yet. I think I can land both amps (4 channel and subwoofer under my front seats easily. Images links for my interior are below...

They suggested for my scion;

Memphis Sound: PR4x50, PR1x600

KickerL712

H2SPB

MC62 (x2)

MC1AM

SPV44 Stringer

Actually, I am totally open to dialog...wanted to get my first experience going into a shop and listening. They suggested a possible upgrade for me (because I told the I wanted my skin to melt off with 0 distortion) that I could upgrade to JL 750/1 and JL 600/4.

I the back of the scion xb (trunk) size is 20" bottom, 18" tall, 15" top by 36" from wheel to wheel (I must say I only want one subwoofer if possible as any more will leave no space for our junk back there.

Under front seats have a front to back dimension of 7", side to side 16" and height 9"

I have two front door 6" speakers, two winshield tweaters and two 5"?? speakers in the back trunk area.

Ask me anything else and I will get back to you.

By the way, is it ok to run this type of equipment off the scion/pioneer head unit to keep the look generic? I want the inside of the car to look original as possible. All thoughts welcome!!!

Actually, I am totally open to dialog...wanted to get my first experience going into a shop and listening. They suggested a possible upgrade for me (because I told the I wanted my skin to melt off with 0 distortion) that I could upgrade to JL 750/1 and JL 600/4.
I the back of the scion xb (trunk) size is 20" bottom, 18" tall, 15" top by 36" from wheel to wheel (I must say I only want one subwoofer if possible as any more will leave no space for our junk back there.

Under front seats have a front to back dimension of 7", side to side 16" and height 9"

I have two front door 6" speakers, two winshield tweaters and two 5"?? speakers in the back trunk area.

Ask me anything else and I will get back to you.

By the way, is it ok to run this type of equipment off the scion/pioneer head unit to keep the look generic? I want the inside of the car to look original as possible. All thoughts welcome!!!
id suggest reading around this forum for about a month before you but anything. sure having no bass ***** but getting screwed by a shop isnt worth a month of bass.

to answer you question yes you can keep the factory headunit, a good hi-lo level converter, or sound processor will be needed but it is an option though replacing the deck is easy and will likely sound better.

if you want to burn money go l but i would rather read on hear than buy jl. jl ake ok stuff but just to expensive imo

Zed Audio Leviathan for an amp. Clean looking, efficient, and small for what it does. Assuming you have 6.5" and 4" holes somewhere up front, I'd get some strong mids and a large format tweeter. Either unplug the rear stock speakers or run them just of your head unit.

This is a terriffic woofer:

TC Sounds Epic 12" DVC Subwoofer 293-650

Should get by in a reasonable sized box.

If you're not opposed to buying used there's some "orphan 8's" on the forum for sale. 2 or 3 of them would do great in a small space.

Definitely avoid buying equipment at a shop if you can help it.

Thanks much!!!! Any idea on strong mids? Format tweeter? Will need to look up. Noticed orphan 8's were 6 ohm. Any issues with this vs lower ohm. Again I am new. Nthink lower ohm leads to poorer quality Thanks again

Nope want great sound and quality. Thanks so much for taking time to write back. Will need to read up on hi-low level converter. Newbie here. Will do though. Any pref on tweeters mid ranges. ? How do I match up amps and speakers?

i think most would refer you to look at image dynamic for components.. although rockford fosgate proseries seems nice. I think JL has a new line that came out, and with good reviews ( all listed are midbass, tweeter sets}

Zed Audio Leviathan for an amp. Clean looking, efficient, and small for what it does.
I grabbed a PDX V9 off eBay for $420 shipped. I know a Zed amp should be better, but is it nearly $270 better?

Definitely avoid buying equipment at a shop if you can help it.
Totally agree because the local shop wouldn't budge off their $700 price tag on the PDX V9. Sorry, but I don't have a problem saving a significant amount of money buying unauthorized from a shady distributor. For a 40% savings, I'll take my chances.

I grabbed a PDX V9 off eBay for $420 shipped. I know a Zed amp should be better, but is it nearly $270 better?
More power, more crossover options, no noise issues (though supposedly Alpine took care of that in later revisions.... I tested PDX 5 channel a few years back and wasn't impressed).

Also try calling Alpine if you have any issues or questions and see if the person who engineered the amp answers the phone.

Oh, and which do you think will have more re-sale value a decade from now? A month from now for that matter?

I would shy away from Best Buy for any install they are really overpriced. I would even consider looking around for small independant shops.

Have you picked out a deck yet? If you want SQ you need a good reciever.

For most of the equipment you need you can look at this classified section. Box builders and people selling some nice equiment for cheap.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.