Shallow Mount Compare

fearturtle03
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Looking for a single 12'' shallow mount sub for my Tundra Crewmax. I think my 2 options are:

1.) Memphis 15-SC12D4 - says about 500wRMS

2.)Sundown SD-2 12D4 says about 600wRMS

Both these are Dual Voice Coil and my amp is 300wRMS x 2 so I figure either should work. Curious to know different opinions on these. Thanks

What is the model number of your amp? Just because the subs are a DVC doesn't mean you should wire each one to a different channel on the amp. You might actually want to consider a D2 sub and run it bridged off that amp.

Vote still goes to the Sundown. Only Memphis I really was a huge fan of were the MOJO.

The best shallow sub I've ever heard is the JL 13TW5 13.5" shallow sub. It's 600rms true power and sounds like two 12's in a sealed box. Absolutely amazing output for the small amount of space it consumes. Although it's quite expensive at $600+ retail.

Alpine's "thin" Type-R subwoofers are supposed to be very good for SQ. Alpine is so proud, they have posted Klippel graphs on the web site. Don't confuse with with regular type rs, as they have little in common. These are available only as 4ohm SVC, so you can use one per bridged channel. They're not cheap, but neither very expensive.

The best shallow sub I've ever heard is the JL 13TW5 13.5" shallow sub. It's 600rms true power and sounds like two 12's in a sealed box. Absolutely amazing output for the small amount of space it consumes. Although it's quite expensive at $600+ retail.
PLEASE keep that craigslist add bullshit description off this site

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.