setup updates!

Alright guysI know I was going to write a review...... well my review is = my systems ***** donkey a$$, the sub bottoms out (can't play anything low at high volumes w/my subwoofer on the same setting, the front doors do not haev any dynomat on them whatsoever (yet when i was to get my stuff installed i gave the a dynomat xtreme door kit to put in my doors)... yesterday i took my door off didn't see anything..... Also to the right of the sub, the outter cover of the vinal box isn't a "perfect fit"

pretty much i called up the store talked to the manager of the department and everything will be fixed at no cost plus a few changes

the changes will be

shown in picture next week Sunday (first sunday in decemember), just know the shop had h**** to pay once i realized what was going on, talk to you guys later.

to sum it up, whoever said don't install a w7 sealed is correct, i must admit it - at first i didn't really agree w/that b/c i wasn't beating down the block, after 8 hours of tuning and the sub still bottoming out - I realized that w7s do NOT perform in a sealed boxes at all - there's so much more to them in a ported enclousure. with that being said NEVER GO SEALED W/A single W7 unless its an 8 and i'd probably port that too.

well, i hate to say it but why the heck was a shop installing your system?

and second sealed 10" and 12" sounded great to me...i dunno but my advice is spend time putting things together urself and i think ull get much better results.

shop was installing it b/c the shop has time to do it - i am doing 2 things

work 50 hour a week and getting my master's degree.

2nd thing for the 100000 time - i live in an apartment there is no where to do it w/o my shyt getting stolen and no i don't have a buddy down here where i can do all of this stuff...

sad but true -

even for me to look in my door panels i had to drive up into an empty office park -

people around here like to look at what you have so they can plan on the fastest way of taking it

New setup is:

Alipne CDA 9813 (same)

6.5 infinity kappa perfect comps (new & upfront)

6.5 image dynamics chameleon components (same - in back)

Phoneix Gold Tantrum 600.4 (same - positioned didfferently)

JL Audio13w7 (same)

JL Audio 1000.1 (new)

2 Lightning Audio 1 Farad Cap (same)

Review on entire system Today (12/5/04), be sure to check out the product review section

Don't know if you can, but maybe try moving the box so the sub is firing up? It sounds better that way in some hatches. It also gives you a bit more trunk space. Your box is custom, so it would be hard to move it though.

As for it bottoming out, maybe a smaller enclosure? That will make it harder for the sub to move, and maybe it won't bottom out there. Im no expert, so I don't know how well that would work. How big of a box is that right now? JL recommends ported for it, but it still shouldn't sound anywhere close to bad in a sealed.

So I would just try to make your own smaller box, or borrow one, upfire the sub, and see if it sounds better.

EDIT: now that you have the 1000/1, make sure you switch the Infrasonic Filter Off if it isn't already.

the solution was another amp (jl1000.1)

my setup is complete, things sound perfect i'm happy, the end. (pics posted & reviews written soon)

more pictures.....

IMG_0659.jpg

IMG_0651.jpg

IMG_0656.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.