Service manuals???

Participant count
  • Participant list

nfralick

Greetings, everyone! First post here. I hope this is the right place to put this. I service vintage home stereo equipment, and have an ample supply of service manuals and schematics for that purpose. However, I was recently handed 2 American Bass VFL-200.1's with BADLY blown (i.e. looks like a nuke test site in there) transistors, and I can't, for the life of me, find a service manual or schematic. Could anyone point me to a good source for these for car audio? I'd love to be able to branch out - everyone needs their sound system to output good, clean sound, and I'd love to be able to work toward that end!

Thanks in advance for any help!

Many years ago I owned an electronics repair shop and we got service manuals called Sams Photofacts from a publisher named Howard W. Sams. They had TV and home stereo schematics but you had to subscribe to their service. The local library had a subscription and I've used that too. But that was long ago...

Best bet nowadays is get them from the manufacturer. Some, like Pioneer, will charge you for them. Good luck getting anything from the Chinese manufacturers tho.

Maybe someone more up to speed on this than me will chime in...

edit: It seems Sams is still around - https://www.samswebsite.com/

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.