Saturn '93 - deck installation help

Participant count
  • Participant list

drub22boy

I used to have a 94 sl2. I pulled my panasonic cd and shelved it. - Years later now I picked up a nice 93 sl1 for dirt. I yanked the supertuner iii that had no memory only to find that the constant wire had a fuse and a transformer on it and it was jammed into a fuse socket. WTF? I goes to plugs in my panasonic cd and it gets no powa. I looks inside the connector and it doesn't look like the innards matches the plug. I metered some stuff and everything says aboot 12 so everything is good.

Thoroughly confused why I can't just plug this panasonic right in dere. The wire harness should be good for a 93 and 94 saturn BOTH.

I've stumped you all? Yeah I'm not lying. Why, if the constant wire had power, did that supertuner iii have no memory? Why does the correct wire harness not plug into this saturn when it did perfectly in the first saturn? Am I in some strange rift in space-time here people? Say something please! aaaaaaaah

Well I logically combined the red wire with the constant, but only to find that the panasonic is stuck in eject mode. That's no big deal. I cut off that fuse and transformer and did the same to the supertuner wire harness and everything is well. Supertuner it is. I know jack squat about any of this. Some help you dudes are. lol

One last thing.....should I have put a fuse in there somewheres?

Anywhos, Imma goin' to play some old Prodigy. I'M THE FIYASTATA!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.