Securing a deck in a 5th Gen Civic?

GPoodle
10+ year member

Well my cars been broken into 3 times in the last 6 months, and the deck stolen twice (the third time there was no deck in the car).

Im wondering how exactly I can secure my deck, so that you cant remove it with just those two "key" release things?

Its frusturating, and I'm putting in a new system tonight (DEH-7400), and Id like a way to fasten that ***** in the dash.

Thanks!

is there a way to remove the clips that release to deck behind the dash plate? aslo bolt the ****er to the dash frame and or fire wall! tint tour windows and take your faceplacte with ya when ever your not in the car.

Thanks for the ideas gentlemen!

And just for the record if anybodys curious, all the thefts were identical, and all happened while i was in school. And the second time, I had the faceplate in my coat =\

Oh well, Ive got a new setup thats going in in a few hours //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Thanks again

You should get an alarm, and get one of those scanners, so they will know that you have an alarm, might scare em away, specially if its in a school parking lot, security is probably around somewhere...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.