steve!!!!

taylor
10+ year member

THUNDER TUNES IS A FLAMER
can
well i finally got my koda's in.....i was very impressed, the are very warm sounding....very tight as well.....i popped in the iasca 99 comp disc, and they did very well...they do especially well with bass guitar and drum music.....they sound so much better than the alpines....the alpines had a hollow kind of sound to them and the koda's really fill that in.....they also have plenty of excursion.....i popped the x over to low pass for a second (just to see what they are capable of, i also played them quietly as not to damage them) and turned off my sub, they reproduce sub bass frequencies quite well too, and my doors arent even sealed....just a bit of b-quiet in them....

these are definetly worth it.....i doubt you'll find better for the money....

well i'd write more, but i hate writing reviews......

meh i gues i better ditch my thought of alpine comps. guess i better go with kappas or perfects till i can afford Koda mid bass's:( //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

i'm gettin koda mid-basses gonna see how my canton tweets stand up to the koda mid-bass for a mix-match combo. hey taylor what is the koda tweet like??

adam

I don't have the full koda set to whomever asked....adam i guess....

i only have the midbass for my doors, i use boston fs 50 5.25 components in my kicks adam....bostons tuned to 150 hz and up, midbass tuned to 150hz down to 70hz, sub plays 70 down to 30......

Jmac my alpines were the blue coned spr 135a 5.25 components and the spr 175a 6.5 midbass.....not type r's and not the flagships.....

Alpines arent bad....but there is better, i find the tweets on any alpine components unbearable to listen to at high volumes....

How much were they a pair, taylor? I've read the Adire site and am confused as to if it's per unit or pair.

EDIT: Nm, went back to site and scrolled ALL the way down this time.

Originally posted by taylor well i finally got my koda's in.....i was very impressed, the are very warm sounding....very tight as well.....i popped in the iasca 99 comp disc, and they did very well...they do especially well with bass guitar and drum music.....they sound so much better than the alpines....the alpines had a hollow kind of sound to them and the koda's really fill that in.....they also have plenty of excursion.....i popped the x over to low pass for a second (just to see what they are capable of, i also played them quietly as not to damage them) and turned off my sub, they reproduce sub bass frequencies quite well too, and my doors arent even sealed....just a bit of b-quiet in them....

these are definetly worth it.....i doubt you'll find better for the money....

well i'd write more, but i hate writing reviews......
Sweet...Im glad you like them.

Thanks for letting me know;)

I think you may have sold me on a pair, or two.

- Steve:)

Originally posted by bootleg How much were they a pair, taylor? I've read the Adire site and am confused as to if it's per unit or pair.

EDIT: Nm, went back to site and scrolled ALL the way down this time.
there $320 or so a pair with crossovers...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

taylor

10+ year member
THUNDER TUNES IS A FLAMER
taylor
can
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date