secondskinaudio response from Anthony. Questions for you guys

Glock23
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
il
Well here goes:

My budget: $600

First off to me to use Spectrum Sludge is mind boggling because I don't see how I could maintain a very even surface putting it on. I'm guessing you put it on the car with a trowel or something used for brick and mortar. It looks too thick to paint on. I guess I don't understand why I need this over the other normal stuff for my wifes 07 Hyundai Accent.

What's the 3 cans of adhesive for?

I priced everything he said and it was around 800 or 900 bucks. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif cept for the other idea's he had that he said work work.. I just want them to be just as good and also the arg sludge !!!

What do you guys think about what he said I should get and do you have any cost cutting idea's? I don't know how well Damplifier works verse pro.... ect

Email from him:

Hello Nick

For your car with your specific goals, there are a few ways you can go.

In an ideal situation you would want to go with the following combination of materials:

2 Shop Packs Damplifier Pro

5 Gallons Spectrum Sludge

10 Sheets Overkill Pro

3 Cans Adhesive

For a budget of $600 it would look more like this:

80 sq feet Damplifier

5 Gallons Spectrum

10 sheets Overkill

3 cans adhesive

This would put you right at your budget.

Since you already have some Damplifier Pro, you would get awesome results.

(i have 1 box of Pro)

I don't want to go with anyone but sec skin and what I picked out. I have 1 36 box of damp now a total of 3 boxes is what I want.
Seems like you are pretty determined on your goals and I dont see the issue here. He recommended you the products on your budget and now you want to see if he's a liar? wtf

i just had some basic questions. I'm not saying he's a bad guy! dont get me wrong.

thank you sundownz for the response on the glue.

hum.. i wouldn't think you would want to paint it on. it looks more like putty that you spread on.

got any pic's?

Just buy a nice box of gloves (50 pairs) and use your hands. I tried using a trowel and unless you're applying it to a flat surface (does such a thing exist in your car?) you'll end up using your hands. The paint bursh I didnt even bother to try, that stuff is just waaaay too thick. ( I have a feeling some might be mistaking the sludge for the spectrum, the sludge is really REALLLY thick )

It will also chew through the gloves, so you'll have to work at a decent pace. You'll probably cover about 4-5 cu.ft before the gloves go. Have fun //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif and be sure to mark specific holes that you DONT want covered, because they're kinda hard to see once they're covered up //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Only thing I ever disagreed with Ant about is the perfomance of the spectrum. I say it sticks to plastic, he says it doesn't.

It's not even a complaint.

Only reason I chose rammat over ss is price.

I think the rammat is a little better than normal damp, but not as expensive as damp pro

To think about it, im not sure what you'd do with an entire 5 gallon bucker of sludge. That thing is heavy as hell (80-90lbs?) and there is more sludge in there then even I knew wth to do with. I applied 2 laters of Damp pro to my entire truck area, 2 more layers of Sludge, even some of my floor and roof got a layer or two of sludge.

I still had 2-3 gallons left over. So unless you're going to somehow apply it to your entire car, I might reconsider the 5gal amount. Same with the overkill. I wanted to apply it to all the doors and roof, etc. I had no room left in my doors (no im not kidding) for it. My floor and roof did eat up 2-3 sheets though.

Last but not least, dont kid yourself. Understand what you're getting into WILL be a pain in the ass to apply, the sound deadener sheets, WILL cut your hand pretty good. Get at least a box of gloves (nice ones, nothing cheap) they will save you the hassle of running around looking for band-aids.

Im not trying to steer you away from the purchase, Ant is a good guy and has great products. Just be realistic about what you'll really be able to use (not what you want to use) and go from there. Be sure to have some paint thinner on hand as well, damp or damp pro dont like to stick too well to an unprepped surface.

Everyone says how bad they cut their hands up on the foil layer of these mats while applying it.... am I the only one who never has that problem? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Glock23

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
Glock23
il
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date