Second amp wiring help plz

Participant count
  • Participant list

steelnips247
10+ year member

ok i have a major problem with my system i have a line invertor from my back speaker to one of my amps rca's i have one power cord back to a optima from the optima i have 2 power wires goning to my 2 t10001bd amps and from both amps i have the grounds going to the battery then to the frame, i have one amp set to master and one set to slave and the one set of rca's going form the invertor to the input of one amp and another set of rca's goung from that amp's output to the others input, the problem is both amps turn on fine both subs play fine until i start to give it any power at all, one amp throws up a protection light then once i turn it down it goes back off, also i have had one amp hooked up to both subs and never had a problem so i just dont understand what the deal is here i have tried to make all seperate grounds also have made the remote wires seperate or ran from one amp to the other and nothing has worked so can you plz help me

when you strap an amp it changes the impedance rating so if you have a final load of 1 ohm each amp see's 1/2 an ohm ( .50 ohms ) so what is the subwoofers final impedance?

also if you have 2 subs and 2 amps why would you strap them?

strapping is to send amp power from multiple amps to a single load usually. those amps are only 2 ohm stable right?

what i have and want to do is i have 2 t1 15's that are dual 2 ohms i want to run one amp to one sub at 1 ohm load and the same with the other sub and amp but like i said the amp just throws up a protection light the second i turn it up at all, and both amps are 1 ohm stable

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.