second amp installation

BigRedMonkey
10+ year member

I'm about to install a profile ca800 amp to drive my new shiva... but I'm not exactly sure how to wire it up cause I already have a rockfordfostgate 500x 4 channel goin to all my speakers. Headunit is a pioneer deh4400... what's the best way to go about doin this?

first to get a signal either hook up your rcas from the amp to the sub output on your deck, if you dont have one then simply get rca y spliters from your local electronics store, with more then one amp you sould definitly have a power cap running to a fused distabution block to split the positive leads, as well as one for the grounds, the remote uses basically no current so you can just split that.

You need a distro block. Wire everything wlse the same, but you need either 2 signal wires or as the guy above me said, split it.

u may also need to change ur power wire (depending on how many awg ur running right now) since ur gonna be running 2 amps now. along with the larger power, if needed, ur also probably gonna need a fused distribution block as well as another set of rcas like the others mentioned.

Originally posted by SuckMikeHawk23 u may also need to change ur power wire (depending on how many awg ur running right now) since ur gonna be running 2 amps now. along with the larger power, if needed, ur also probably gonna need a fused distribution block as well as another set of rcas like the others mentioned.
Sup man...haven't see ya in a while!

sounds good... thanks for the help guys... I'm gonna run a 0 gauge wire from the battery to a fused distro block and then split it into a 4 gauge wire goin to each amp. Gonna split the RCAs... My amp should arrive by this weekend so I'll let ya'll know how it sounds.

One last question tho- should I use 4awg wire to wire my sub up to the amp? I figured I should since it'll be close to 5/600watts, but I wanted to make sure... no need to waste money on **** I don't need.

rangerman: hows it going man? i've been pretty busy lately, kinda started fading away from car audio for awhile due to my inadequate charging system. but i kinda got things in my system fixed and now im an audio junky again //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif i read some post about a team car audio.com, sound interesting, what should i do to go about joining it?

bigred: thicker wire never hurts, but for 5-600 watts, u should do fine with 8 gauge considering the wire is not gonna be that long anyways, but if your amp will take 4 and you have 4 laying around, then go for it, if not, no need to worry.

Originally posted by SuckMikeHawk23 rangerman: hows it going man? i've been pretty busy lately, kinda started fading away from car audio for awhile due to my inadequate charging system. but i kinda got things in my system fixed and now im an audio junky again //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif i read some post about a team car audio.com, sound interesting, what should i do to go about joining it?

bigred: thicker wire never hurts, but for 5-600 watts, u should do fine with 8 gauge considering the wire is not gonna be that long anyways, but if your amp will take 4 and you have 4 laying around, then go for it, if not, no need to worry.
Hell, your on...you say the word...send me a pm.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.