Second amp electrical noise

Participant count
  • Participant list

abs777

KY
In my boat I had the factory clarion amp powering 4 speakers and the sub. They ran the bow speakers (2) off of the head unit. I decided to by another amp to power the bow speakers. I installed it and it sounds good, but when I turn on the blower I get the electrical noise through those speakers. It's a loud whine like an electric motor. I thought it was a ground loop so I ran dedicated wires (power and ground) to the second amp and the same thing. I found it it's coming from the input. If I plug my iphone into the amp it sounds great no interference. I have done the following...and it makes no difference and still has the noise...I am at a loss.

1. I originally had the input to the second amp being the speaker wires from the head unit - noise

2. I thought it could be those speaker wires so I unplugged the RCAs going into the clarion and plugged them into the Pyle (second amp) - noise

3. I ran the 6th channel from the clarion amp into the high input to the second amp thinking it would clean the signal - noise

How can I eliminate this noise from the pyle...why doesn't the clarion have it?

Thanks guys...this is so frustrating.

I was afraid that might be the case. I don't know why it's clear when I play the iphone through it, but the headunit is causing such noise.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.