SEAS LOTUS REFERENCE 3-WAY - How does it compare?

Participant count
  • Participant list

moss

hen
Everyone I've talked to have a similar opinion: the seas 2-way are a VERY GOOD set, but they aren't AMAZING. I'm trying to get to that AMAZING sound, if that makes any sense. I want to be emotionally connected to the music.

I've listened to the Morel Elate Limited Edition 3-way and I felt like it was too "thick and fat" for my tastes. I've also listened to an Esotar 3-way setup and thought that was much more neutral than the Morel. I thought that set was AMAZING, but at this point, I can't shell out nearly nearly 3 grand for an esotar 3-way setup.

Since I already have the seas lotus 2-way in place, one thing that I could do is to add a midrange, which I found for pretty cheap, and move the tweeters and the midrange onto the dash of the car to step up my soundstage. I'd also need to buy a new 2-ch to drive the midrange. I COULD get a esotar 2-way setup but I'm trying to avoid that unless it would blow the seas 3-way out of the water (which I doubt).

What do you guys think I should do? Any recommendations?

Do you have a good 30 band parametric EQ, time alignment, active crossover capabilities? How much testing have you done with locations? How much dampening have you done to your door locations?

Mostly rhetorical questions as you're allready up into some pretty well regarded components.

I suggest if you have everything else and want to split hairs over doing A/B with different components you'll really want to just buy them and play around with them in YOUR install to see if they help you get where you need. If you have none of the above IDK if new speakers alone are going to do what you need.

Also go over to DIYMA forum and do some searching, there's probably a LOT more guys over there that use that sort of gear.

1) Yes. My setup is DEX-P99RS, TRU Billet 4100, Morel Ultimo 10" in 1.8 cu ft ported.

2) Not much testing of location yet. Plan is to remount the tweeters to crossfire and move the midwoofers closer out from the door panel. Right now, it almost feels some of the sound is being lost inside the doors

3) 3 layers of RAAMMAT in the doors. It's solid as a rock.

Everyone I've talked to have a similar opinion: the seas 2-way are a VERY GOOD set, but they aren't AMAZING. I'm trying to get to that AMAZING sound, if that makes any sense. I want to be emotionally connected to the music.
I've listened to the Morel Elate Limited Edition 3-way and I felt like it was too "thick and fat" for my tastes. I've also listened to an Esotar 3-way setup and thought that was much more neutral than the Morel. I thought that set was AMAZING, but at this point, I can't shell out nearly nearly 3 grand for an esotar 3-way setup.

Since I already have the seas lotus 2-way in place, one thing that I could do is to add a midrange, which I found for pretty cheap, and move the tweeters and the midrange onto the dash of the car to step up my soundstage. I'd also need to buy a new 2-ch to drive the midrange. I COULD get a esotar 2-way setup but I'm trying to avoid that unless it would blow the seas 3-way out of the water (which I doubt).

What do you guys think I should do? Any recommendations?
you mean to say you wanna add a midbass to make it a 3-way??

if so you can get a Peerless SLS 6inch or 8inch for the midbass.

what kinda amp do you have btw??

just wondering if you have the passive xover for the lotus 2-way?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

moss

moss
hen
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
BlackMaxima