Sealed or vented? gonna go crazy

zaid990
10+ year member

Foco, CO
Hey everyone i just bought 2 Rockford fostgates P1S412 12's, and i was thinking i was gonna get a vented box but i just came across a guide that said

Sealed box (and sealed bandpass) woofers should have the following characteristics:

* Qts => 0.40

* Fs

* Xmax => 4 mm

and the subs have the same characteristics, so should i go with a sealed enclosure?? also the specs of the sub say that for a sealed encloser i should have cubic space of .6-1.8 so where should i go on that scale??? and also would a prefab box make a diffrence if it is sealed ( i know prefab is bad with vented) thanks for everything

Go ported. P1s aren't very efficient, the added efficiency of the port will give you better result. I tested 1 12 in 2 boxes, 1.25 cubes tuned to 45 (standard prefab) and 1.8 cubes tuned to 35 (custom built). The difference was night and day. The customer box was awesome.

It depends on what your goals are. T/S parameters indicate the driver would be best suited to sealed enclosures....however with the relatively low Xmax the output will be on the more mild side. If you want something that "pounds" a ported enclosure would probably suit your taste better, although it probably won't sound as controlled as the sealed enclosure.

It depends on what your goals are. T/S parameters indicate the driver would be best suited to sealed enclosures....however with the relatively low Xmax the output will be on the more mild side. If you want something that "pounds" a ported enclosure would probably suit your taste better, although it probably won't sound as controlled as the sealed enclosure.
I concur. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif If you want to "go crazy" then go ported.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.