Sealed Box for a RSS315HO-44 12" subwoofer

Participant count
  • Participant list

copene

Toronto
So I've put a decent system in the ride and have been loving it for the last couple of months but I'm wondering if I could squeeze more goodness out of my sub? I have a Dayton Audio RSS315HO-44 12" Reference HO DVC Subwoofer 295-467 in this box: Sonic Sub Boxes 1H12-0.7-BLACK (1h1207-black) Single 12" powered by a PPI i650.1 and it sounds great but I was wondering if I would get more out of a custom box. I want to stay small and I want to stay sealed. Am I good to go with what I have or could I do better SQ wise with a custom box?

Thanks gents-

If you aren't willing to go with a ported enclosure, keep what you have. The only way to change a sealed box is to make it larger and that will only lower its frequency response a bit.

And if all you want is lower extension with no more loudness, order a bag of acousta stuff from Parts Express and shove it in there.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.