Sealed 8 better than the Epic?

Sundown SD8s I have 3 of them in about 1 cube net on 1400 watts and they are awesome. Very musical and keep up with just about any kind of music. They dig low and get reasonably loud for 8's. W7 may outperform them slightly but the SDs are way cheaper.

I saw you were looking at the sealed fiberglass enclosures. Why not do IB with something and lose no trunk space other than motor displacement?

Depending on the woofer, couldn't you get a flatter low end response with IB than sealed? I'm assuming you're going for sound quality here, based on your choices

I'm not sure how the SD doesn't fit here, I've heard w7s and ID8's and I would take the SD over the ID. The w7 is extremely nice but the SD is not far behind it both in SQ and overall output but at about half the cost. As for the epic, I've never heard one.

Depending on the woofer, couldn't you get a flatter low end response with IB than sealed? I'm assuming you're going for sound quality here, based on your choices
Ms-8 will be handling the responce and powering the interior for now.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.